Sunday, July 13, 2008

The weekend. . .

a.k.a.---catch up LONG POST!

Friday was really a day I didn't enjoy (per landon). Which I was really bummed about too, because I had gone to bed Thursday with such enthusiasm for that day. Nothing could bring me down! Oh but that could. But I made sure that it didn't effect my eating & the choices to remain somewhat happy.
I don't even remember back to Friday & what I ate. And that was only 2 days ago. How sad. I know I did NOT stray, or at least very far if I did.
Saturday started out with my omelet, which was very yummy. I ended up going to the mall w/ the kids and Eileen. I planned ahead and took my bar, I knew the cookie place would kind of be a temptation. But it really never fazed me. I ate my bar around ten and was fine. Brendon asked if we could eat there for lunch, and I just told him no. After having too much fun walking around, I dropped the kids off at my moms, and me and big sis, headed to lunch and pedicures. We had a taco salad that was really good at someburros. And getting our toes done of course was relaxing and fun!! After that it was home time for a while, before heading off into different directions again. I usually never have plans or go anywhere, but today was busy. While heading to visit landon I ate some pistachios and drank my protein water. For dinner, since we were out the door again, this time to McDonalds, I ate some ham slices and 1/2 of jello & whip cream, before the kids stole what was left. At Mcd's I decided I'd better eat a little more of something, so I had the fruit & yogurt parfait. (160 calories 2g fat). Totally okay with THAT option, not too mention it actually tasted really good.
Tonight(Saturday) was the first night, since beginning this adventure, that I ate something at night time. And I won't ever do it again, and I'll tell you why. I hadn't really been feeling 100% all night, since after dinner. I think I was just worn out from the day, and I just really wanted to eat to make me feel better. I wanted everything I could think of! It was 8:00, and I KNOW I'm not allowed food, but I decided to go ahead and eat some cookies, gave in to the sweet tooth, but it was a 100 calorie pack of mini chips ahoy. I didn't give myself too much grief because it was that few of calories, but I also knew I did NOT want this habit back. But that wasn't even the deciding factor of guilt. While I was eating them, Kevin had asked me why I was eating them? And I said, I just don't feel well, I know I need something, so this is what I'm having. And he said to me (very disappointed) You're just gonna throw everything (meaning what I've worked for) AWAY?? And I couldn't believe how disappointed he was in me. Of course I said, NO!! This is a one time thing! And I really meant it too, because I don't ever want to feel his bummed feelings again. I guess he really is into me doing all this stuff! Who knew! :) (not I)
Sunday was a normal day. Breakfast, snack & lunch were all how they should be. Dinner was tricky tonight, because we ate my moms, and that can NEVER be a good thing. She had mashed potatoes and gravy, baked chicken--which is crackers crumbs coating the chicken then dumped in a pan of 2 sticks of butter to bake in----then corn & green beans. I knew I had to eat, and my early thoughts of making my own chicken slipped my mind til it was too late. I left the potatoes and gravy behind without a tear. Just knew I wasn't going to have them, and that was that! (planning ahead is GREAT!) the chicken was small strips so I took about 3 or 4 and just had the vegs. After a while I had my jello cream!
I'm looking forward to the week. Weekends, though I love them, always mess up the some what schedules you have. But I always love being able to do whatever knowing we don't have plans, or work, or school. But a semi routine (which is all we have) always gets missed.

No comments: